A MUST-SEE VIDEO ON GRUNER:
Most Holy Family Monastery
This image captures what we believe was the manifestation of an evil spirit in Gruner (see below for more comments on that point)
According to reports, “Fr.” Nicholas Gruner died of a heart attack on April 29th, 2015. In the aftermath of his death, especially in ‘traditionalist’ circles, you will hear almost universal praise for Gruner. But Catholics must ignore the voices, the crowd, and the chorus. None of that is present when a person goes before the Judgment Seat of Christ. All that matters is the pure truth of what a person stood for and did in life. Thus, concerning Gruner, a Catholic must ignore the praises and go by the facts: what did Nicholas Gruner stand for and was it Catholic? Here’s the truth about “Fr.” Nicholas Gruner that you won’t hear almost anywhere else.
Although Gruner said and promoted some good things on spiritual issues, devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Rosary, etc., he was, sadly, an obstinate heretic and a major false prophet. He misled many souls by his deadly mixture of some Catholic truth with totally false, faith-destroying conclusions about the current crisis. Nicholas Gruner had decades to recognize the heresies promoted by the antipopes and embrace the true position, but he didn’t do so. He had access to the true information, but rejected it. To his death, he adhered to heretical positions and promoted falsehoods. He maintained that the Vatican II sect and its apostate leaders are Catholic. He obstinately attacked the sedevacantist position. He published heretical articles on the matter. For decades (including recently), Nicholas Gruner promoted (and quoted in a positive way) the demonic Antipope John Paul II. In recent days Gruner continued to lead people to the antipopes, and particularly to John Paul II. He promoted John Paul II as if John Paul II had been a true Catholic guide, despite knowing about Antipope John Paul II’s apostasy and wickedness. Gruner also verbally attacked MHFM and attempted to condemn our work (which provides the full truth), so that he and false traditionalists like him could maintain their sway over ‘conservatives’ and ‘traditionalists’. Here is some more information about Gruner:
- In his 2013 appeal to the ‘Cardinal’ Electors (prior to the elevation of Antipope Francis), Gruner actually described the last seven claimants to the Papacy (including the notoriously wicked Antipopes Paul VI, John Paul II, and Benedict XVI) as “good men.” That alone proves that Gruner was a wicked false prophet who did not have the Catholic faith.
- Gruner consistently provided a devastating and spiritually deadly mixture of truth and error for his ‘conservative’ audience. For instance, in one part of his publication he would condemn false ecumenism and interfaith apostasy, yet in the other part of the same publication he would promote Antipope John Paul II as the one to whom Catholics should look. According to him, John Paul II was the one who gives Catholics ‘the key’, even though John Paul II was the biggest promoter of false ecumenism and interfaith apostasy in the world.
- Gruner’s false conclusion about the meaning and fulfillment of the consecration and conversion of Russia (addressed and refuted here: The Whole Truth about the Consecration and Conversion of Russia and the Impostor Sr. Lucy) was one of the biggest reasons many ‘traditionalists’ failed to see the true nature of the crisis (i.e. that the post-Vatican II claimants to the Papacy are antipopes with no authority).
- Gruner was ordained in the invalid New Rite of Ordination, and therefore he was not a true priest. He never clearly indicated that he was re-ordained in the traditional rite or that he condemned the Protestantized New Rite of Ordination.
- Gruner also promoted heresy on the dogma Outside the Church There is No Salvation and endorsed NFP on some level.
- Just because Gruner promoted the Rosary, the scapular, etc. doesn’t in any way mean that he was good. Promoting those holy things does not exonerate a person who perverts the truth, compromises the faith, embraces heresy, defends and promotes wicked false leaders, etc. Gruner was certainly not good. He was extremely wicked.
- We were contacted by so many souls over the years who were in the Novus Ordo and had been reading Gruner’s material. Even though they were avid readers and followers of Gruner, they remained at the non-Catholic, invalid New Mass and continued to follow the Vatican II sect. It was only when they came across our information that they left the New Mass and realized what was really going on. For decades, Gruner failed to make it clear to his hordes of Novus Ordo ‘conservative’ readers that they must not attend the New Mass; for, if he had, it would have greatly diminished his financial support base and ostracized him from many circles. Such a sin of omission alone (if uncorrected and unconfessed in the true faith) would send a person to Hell.
- At a conference in 1992, Gruner openly stated that his organization took in millions of dollars each year. While he did utilize some of that for valuable spiritual information and valuable endeavors, untold amounts of money were wasted misleading people and promoting utterly false conclusions on the Counter Church. He also used untold amounts on worthless false traditionalist endeavors (e.g. his book ‘Fatima Priest’; trying to get apostate non-Catholics to consecrate Russia; etc. ad nauseam). Who knows how many millions Gruner’s false apostolate siphoned off from the potential spread of true Catholic information.
- Sadly, Gruner is now really regretting having misled so many people and having failed to promote the full truth.
- His death should remind everyone that what matters is not how many speeches you give, who your friends are, how many magazines you publish, how many people you know, etc. No, what matters is whether you promote the pure truth, whether you do God’s will, whether you direct souls correctly, and whether you maintain the faith whole and undefiled. For it will all end, and you will face the Truth Himself, Jesus Christ. If you compromised the faith, lied to the people, etc. you will be condemned, and it won’t matter whether you were popular on Earth. It won’t matter what people in certain cliques or crowds thought of you. All that will matter is the truth, and whether you did God’s will. Gruner rejected the truth and did not do God’s will.
- The following point is not essential to any argument against Gruner, but it’s an opinion we firmly hold. Almost every time Nicholas Gruner spoke or was pictured the right side of his mouth was contorted. Almost every time he spoke or was pictured it looked like he was snarling. Now, it’s possible to catch almost any speaker in an unflattering gesture or pose on occasion, but that’s not what we’re talking about here: for Gruner’s mouth was almost always slanted upwards in an unnatural way. In our firm opinion, we believe that was a manifestation of an unclean spirit that dominated Gruner for many years. We believe that he snarled or had a crooked/contorted mouth basically every time he spoke because he served as a major false teacher the Devil used to deceive conservative-minded people with a false conclusion about Fatima, the Counter Church, the antipopes, etc. As Gruner became more evil and obdurate in his allegiance to the antichrists of the Counter Church, God allowed this manifestation of the Devil in him to come out. Gruner was an instrument of Satan who led many people to Hell, and his organization continues to do so. Since he died as a heretic and a wicked man, no true Catholic can pray for Gruner or say ‘Rest in Peace’ in his regard.
SOME MORE OBSERVATIONS ABOUT GRUNER
[EWTN: A Network Gone Wrong is a book Nicholas Gruner aggressively promoted.]
Excellent analysis, devastating closing paragraph….
MHFM: It really demonstrates how spiritually slimy they are. After Mother Angelica was removed from power at EWTN, they saw a prime opportunity to reel in EWTN’s huge benefactors who loved Mother Angelica and donated to EWTN largely because of her. So, they began a very aggressive campaign to attack EWTN (sending out free copies of the book) while claiming that it went bad after Mother Angelica was out of control (a total lie). The book portrays her as staunch and “counter-modernist” while promoting Gruner and casting him as the ally of Angelica. The purpose was to grow Gruner’s operation and lure in potentially huge financial support, at the expense of the truth. That’s how spiritually impure their intentions are. They falsify the truth on the highest matters: matters of faith. But they don’t get away with it before God, and the wicked Gruner is not getting away with it anymore.
Man says we are “the Antichrist”, worse than the Church of Satan, for criticizing Gruner
You are the most evil organization that I have ever heard of. Fr. Gruner may not have been perfect, (as no one ever is or was, other than Jesus Christ), but he was an awful lot more Christian /Catholic like than you. I have followed Fr. Gruner for many years and met with him personally. However he was the world’s greatest proponent of the Blessed Virgin Mary and of Fatima. And there is nothing evil about promoting the Blessed Virgin Mary or Fatima. That is a lot more than I can say about your organization.
MHFM: According to Stanley, since we tell the truth about the wicked Gruner (with irrefutable facts demonstrating why he was evil), we are worse than the ‘Church of Satan’, the Illuminati, etc. It’s a striking example of how Gruner’s followers are totally deceived, and what a false prophet he was. Like so many of Gruner’s followers, Stanley might go to the New Mass and accept John Paul II as a ‘saint.’ As stated in our article, we were contacted by so many people over the years who followed Gruner, while simultaneously attending the New Mass, defending the Counter Church, believing that John Paul II was good, etc. They saw no incompatibility between Gruner’s teachings and the aforementioned positions because Gruner was not telling the truth about the Counter Church. He was, rather, hiding the truth about it, lying about John Paul II, etc. He was presenting a message that appealed to large Novus Ordo audiences. Our response to Stanley is as follows:
No, you are just a clueless heretic. You don’t care about the faith or the truth. We promote the Rosary. We promote the Blessed Mother. We promote Fatima. Just because someone promotes the Blessed Virgin doesn’t mean, by that very fact, that the person is good. Promoting Fatima or the Blessed Mother doesn’t allow a person to lie, hide the truth, promote heresy, defend wicked people, mislead people on matters of faith, etc. Gruner was a liar, a deceiver, and a heretic without any doubt. You can’t dispute the facts about his sins against the faith, but you simply don’t care about the facts or the faith. And no, he was not the world’s greatest proponent of Fatima. He promoted many errors on the meaning of Fatima. See this article: The Whole Truth about the Consecration and Conversion of Russia and the Impostor Sr. Lucy. You were brainwashed by him. However, Gruner’s errors on Fatima were not what primarily convicted him before God. His sins in the areas of faith (e.g. lying about, not condemning, and repeatedly promoting the idolater John Paul II), hiding the truth about the Counter Church and the New Mass, etc. ad nauseam are what primarily convicted him.
Stanley also wrote:
You are the anti-Christ!!!!!!!…
The truth is that Gruner was actually an agent, defender, and protector of the Antichrist. See this video: The Antichrist Revealed: The Beast that Was, and Is Not, Has Returned. To this day countless people remain in the Counter Church, remain at the New Mass, accept John Paul II as a ‘saint’ (and thus accept idolatry), etc. because of him. (Although this is an extremely minor consideration in comparison to the doctrinal points discussed, it’s also interesting to note that Gruner’s organization itself links its success or legitimacy with John Paul II’s encouragement. As our article points out, Gruner’s organization states: “In 1980, Pope John Paul II directly encouraged Father Gruner in his Fatima work…” That makes perfect sense. Since Gruner played such a role in protecting John Paul II, it makes sense that he would have been spiritually touched or encouraged by the Antichrist himself. That gave Gruner the necessary diabolical assistance to grow and carry out his deception in the area of ‘conservatives’, similar to how the deceiver John Corapi was himself ‘ordained’ or spiritually touched by John Paul II.)
Gruner was also not a priest, and he was in possession of the information that enabled him to realize that fact. That means that Gruner’s invalid ‘Masses’ constituted direct idolatry: he worshipped a piece of bread as if it were the Lord Jesus Christ, and he encouraged others to do so. It makes sense that a man who was so instrumental in leading ‘conservatives’ – those who have slightly more interest, some devotion to the Blessed Mother, etc. – into idolatry, and keeping them on the path to idolatry, was himself a non-priest who regularly engaged in idolatry through his invalid ‘Masses.’
It’s also interesting that some false traditionalists distance themselves from the New Rite of Ordination, fearing its invalidity. Some of them want nothing to do with it. Yet, when it comes to Gruner, many of those people give him a free pass on the matter. They ignore the fact that Gruner was also ‘ordained’ in the clearly invalid New Rite of Ordination. Moreover, if some of those false traditionalists have no confidence in the ‘saints’ canonized by their ‘popes’ (e.g. ‘Saint’ John Paul II, ‘Saint’ John XXIII), then how can they be sure that the rite of ordination approved by those ‘popes’ is valid? They can’t, of course.
The New Rite of Ordination is so obviously invalid that even the very blind Michael Davies admitted that the arguments against its validity were very strong. After all, it removes the same prayers that the invalid Anglican Rite did, and that pattern of deletion is why Pope Leo XIII declared the Anglican Rite invalid! See: Why the New Rite of Ordination is Invalid (article) and The New Rite of Ordination is Invalid (video). Davies only accepted the New Rite of Ordination as valid because he accepted Paul VI as the pope. This video shows why such a conclusion is utterly foolish: “Blessed” Paul VI’s Heresies (video).
SOME OTHER FILES ON GRUNER
As mentioned above, this is a book Gruner aggressively promoted, further demonstrating his perversion of the true faith and his wicked agenda.
Here are some thoughts from older posts on Gruner.
MORE ON NICHOLAS GRUNER, HIS FALSE TEACHING, AND HIS DECEPTION FROM PREVIOUS MHFM POSTS
Nicholas Gruner’s publication was called The Fatima Crusader. Here are a just a few quotes which illustrate the type of heretical, spiritual dishonesty and spiritual deception in The Fatima Crusader. The following statements of Gruner were made in an attempt to exonerate Antipope John Paul II of his crimes and promote him as a man who is just surrounded by bad guys. These were just a few quotes we quickly located; many similar examples could be given if more time were spent. (The bolding and underlining are our own).
Nicholas Gruner, The Fatima Crusader, Summer 2000: “We must remember that it is only due to Pope John Paul II’s persistence in the face of obvious bureaucratic opposition that even this one document came to light after 40 years of being buried.”
Nicholas Gruner, The Fatima Crusader, Summer 2000, “The Third Secret Release Raises More Questions”: “However, I want to make something perfectly clear here and now. I absolutely do not suggest that the Holy Father would deliberately and knowingly suppress some portion of the Third Secret of his own free will. There would have to be some other explanation.”
This statement is totally dishonest! If there are two texts to the Third Secret of Fatima (we reject this idea, but this is what Nicholas Gruner claims) and John Paul II has read both texts, as Gruner admits, then obviously John Paul II knows that the public is being defrauded of the other text and John Paul II is therefore defrauding and lying to the public! So what Gruner says here is simply wicked dishonesty!
Nicholas Gruner, The Fatima Crusader, Summer 2000, “The Third Secret Release Raises More Questions”: “We are supposed to believe that if the Pope is told not to mention Russia in the Consecration, then the ‘Magisterium’ has spoken, and no one may suggest that the advice given to the Pope is wrong.”
Gruner here is implying that it’s not John Paul II who is primarily responsible for the failure to consecrate Russia, but rather that it’s people around him who are primarily responsible! This is not to mention the fact that Gruner continues to ask Antipope John Paul II to do the Consecration of Russia – a consecration that he has no power to perform anyway since he is not the pope.
Nicholas Gruner, The Fatima Crusader, Summer 2000, “The Third Secret Vision Explained”: [Regarding The Devil Dragging Down the Clergy]: “Pope John Paul II goes further. He doesn’t suggest; he affirms it. So both Popes are pointing us to that chapter of the book of the Apocalypse of the Bible. Pope John Paul II goes further; it’s quite extraordinary what he says in his homily… He gives us a pointer. He quotes Chapter 12, verse 3 and 4, in which the verses he quotes is, ‘and the dragon,’ meaning the devil, ‘drags down one third of the stars of Heaven.'”
Nicholas Gruner, The Fatima Crusader, Summer 2000, “The Third Secret Raises More Questions”: “The Vatican Secretary of State clearly did not want to risk embarrassing Mr. Gorbachev, promoter of abortion around the world. It would spoil the illusion that we have entered the post-Fatima era of peace and brotherhood if some Catholic journalist were to stand up and make note of the fact that Gorbachev personifies the very culture of death the Pope has spent the past 20 years condemning.”
These are just a few quotes that we quickly located. The Fatima Crusader magazine is an evil mixture of truth with error. In one part of the magazine it correctly labels the apostasy in Fatima as an “abomination,” while in the same issue it has two pictures of John Paul II, a quote from him on the Rosary, and tells us to “Follow his directive…” (p. 23)! So, while they declare the event in Fatima an “abomination,” and even “the abomination of desolation,” they promote in a positive light the man who is ultimately responsible for this abomination and whose interreligious actions of a similar nature form the very basis and justification for the “abomination of desolation” in Fatima! Thus, The Fatima Crusader mixes Our Lady of Fatima with apostasy; it condemns the abomination in Fatima while it repeatedly promotes the man ultimately responsible for it (Antipope John Paul II). It lures its readers in with some beautiful truth on spiritual matters and Our Lady while at the same time it leads them right back to the very sources of the apostasy.
If we were to examine more of the past issues of The Fatima Crusader and its treatment of Antipope John Paul II (with pictures of that abominable heretic – in a positive light – in almost every magazine!), its quoting from him in a positive way, without ever denouncing him as a heretic, then one could see that it is fair to say that its treatment of the apostate John Paul II is an abomination that cries to heaven. That’s right, a pseudo-traditionalist magazine that claims to be “The Fatima Crusader”, and purports to give people the truth about Our Lady of Fatima and the crisis of faith, which simultaneously promotes for years and years – over and over again – the main source of the apostasy (apostate Antipope John Paul II) is an abomination. No one, of course, should donate a penny to the heretical magazine, The Fatima Crusade, or Gruner’s heretical organization.
ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF GRUNER PROMOTING THE WICKED ANTIPOPE JOHN PAUL II
The fact that “Fr.” Gruner’s apostolate has been assisted by the Devil is corroborated by his devilish mixture of truth with error – of Catholicism with apostasy. We see this very clearly in the next quote about the apostasy in the Church.
“Fr.” Gruner, “God Have Mercy on us all,” Crusader 71: “‘In the Third Secret it is foretold, among other things, that the great Apostasy in the Church will begin at the top.’ These are the very words of Cardinal Ciappi (personal Papal Theologian to Pope John Paul II). The result of ‘the great Apostasy’ starting ‘at the top’ is corruption of the clergy and the laity in doctrine, in morals and in liturgy… God is very angry with His people because He is not only sending us bad priests, He has also apparently sent us bad bishops and bad Cardinals too… Pope John Paul II at Fatima, on May 13, 2000 told us that: ‘The message of Fatima is a call to conversion, alerting humanity to have nothing to do with the ‘dragon’ whose ‘tail swept down a third of the stars of Heaven and cast them to the earth.’ (Apoc. 12:4) To put that statement in plain English, Pope John Paul II is saying as follows: Do not follow the one-third of the Cardinals, one-third of the Catholic bishops, and one-third of the Catholic priests, who have been dragged down by the devil from their exalted position of leading the faithful to Heaven. In other words, the Holy Father is telling us what the Message of Fatima is warning us about today. That is that one-third of the clergy (who are the stars of Heaven) have been dragged down by the devil and his co-workers — the Masons, communists, homosexual networks — and are now working for the devil himself; not for God, not for the Church of Christ, but for the devil.” (fatima.org)
This really encapsulates “Fr.” Gruner’s evil methods and evil apostolate. Here we see Gruner discussing the truth of how it is predicted that the apostasy in the Church will begin “at the top.” Who could that be? Obviously it would apply first and foremost to John Paul II, the man who claimed to be the pope (claimed to be the top of the Church) and led the entire apostasy by his idolatrous prayer gatherings at Assisi, his massive false ecumenism all over the world, etc. But while telling people about this truth (that the apostasy will begin at the top, or what seems to be the top of the Church), does he then warn them about the man to be most aware of, John Paul II? No, instead he does just the opposite: he leads them directly to John Paul II – the one they should be most aware of regarding the apostasy – by quoting him as if he is their ally against the apostasy of the bishops and priests! This is totally wicked. It’s even worse, in some ways, than other forms of evil, for it mixes truth with error (apostasy with Catholicism). It is thus more effective in leading conservatives back to the sources of the apostasy, the Vatican II antipopes.
THE DECEIVER NICHOLAS GRUNER IDENTIFIED BASICALLY ALL OF HIS WORK AS THE VOICE OF THE VIRGIN MARY
THE EFFECTIVENESS OF NICHOLAS GRUNER’S PROPAGANDA
In addition to his deadly mixture of truth with error, one of the ways “Fr.” Gruner’s apostolate has become so influential is through propaganda. Here are some of the things that you can find on the website of his apostolate (fatima.org): His website calls his magazine “Our Lady’s magazine.” It states: “Click here to read more about Our Lady’s magazine…”! Boy, who would want to disagree with or not support “Our Lady’s magazine” – the magazine of Our Lady herself!
He calls his Book Service “Our Lady’s Book Service”! Wow, who would not want the privilege of being “Our Lady’s Book Service.” He calls his radio program “Our Lady’s Radio Program”! And – yes, you guessed it – he calls his apostolate, not just a Fatima apostolate, but “Our Lady’s Apostolate”! His website states: “Shortly following the formation of Our Lady’s Apostolate, Father Gruner began publishing the Fatima Crusader magazine. In 1980, Pope John Paul II directly encouraged Father Gruner in his Fatima work and the periodical has grown…”
Wow, he must be some “priest” to run “Our Lady’s Apostolate” – the Apostolate of Our Lady herself! – as well as her Radio Program, her magazine, and her Book Service. Does anyone fail to see how presumptuous – and arguably blasphemous – this is? Oh, never mind… it’s okay… we almost forgot… Gruner is, according to his Apostolate (i.e. “Our Lady’s” Apostolate), “the Fatima Priest”!
In truth, this is simply propaganda from a false prophet, and that is why “Fr.” Gruner has had such an influence on what people think about Fatima and the present situation. Propaganda is defined as an “…organized scheme, for propagation of a doctrine or practice.” To dub almost every aspect of his apostolate “Our Lady’s” is an organized scheme on the part of his apostolate to build itself up as the voice of Our Lady herself.
Besides being wickedly presumptuous, this propaganda brainwashes people just like the propaganda from the mainstream media. When they hear this stuff over and over – e.g. this is “Our Lady’s apostolate” and “Our Lady’s magazine” and “Our Lady’s Book Service” – they are often programmed to follow everything he says on Fatima, support him vigorously (for who wouldn’t want to support Our Lady?) or consider Gruner to be Our Lady’s personal representative. Since people are so gullible, it has been a major factor in how big his apostolate has become. That is why his apostolate continues to use this type of propaganda so often. It is why so many have been brainwashed not to consider anything on this issue that doesn’t conform to “Fr.” Gruner’s views.
By the way, Gruner stated in one of his letters that he wanted to send the book “Fatima Priest” (which is the story of his life) to every “bishop” in the country! What a complete waste. The book Fatima Priest, which is replete with pictures of Gruner from throughout his life including as a baby, which is basically all about him and what a hero he supposedly is, has been translated into various languages to spread the “Good News” of Nicholas Gruner around the world.
All of this explains why Gruner consistently promoted pictures of Antipope John Paul II in his magazine for years (in a positive light) after he was aware of John Paul II’s apostasy. For Gruner, it wasn’t about telling people the truth; it was about keeping himself popular and seen as a hero with a somewhat mainstream “Catholic” audience – by promoting John Paul II and Fatima at the same time. Only a very wicked man would not have denounced John Paul II once he became aware of his apostasy, and that’s exactly what Nicholas Gruner was.