A teacher in northeastern Wisconsin went to the hospital after being poisoned in what two students told police was a prank.
Police say the Gillett Secondary School teacher noticed a strange smell coming from a bottle of soda he had left unattended Tuesday afternoon. Police talked to a 16-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl, who said they put a small amount of cleaning solution in the bottle.
Police say the teacher was treated at a hospital. School Superintendent Todd Carlson tells WLUK-TV (http://bit.ly/1MTOU9y ) the teacher was back at school Wednesday.
The school board will discuss punishment for the students.
MHFM Comment: The punishment for the students should be very severe. The teacher could have become seriously ill or might have been killed.