MHFM: You don't want to attend Fr. Lovett's Mass. He has some wacky views, including, as we've been told, that Our Lady is part of the Trinity. One should not attend his Mass [since he is a notorious heretic].
Thank you for your response. I had already gone (to Father Lovett's Mass) before hearing from you, but pretty much figured out he DOES have some wacky ideas. I questioned him for nearly two hours. Just a heads up for anyone interested in going to his Mass. Here is a summary -
1) He claims Christ has revealed that there is only to be a "general confession" and not auricular, although he "allows" auricular should the penitent desire to go.
2) The "faithful" should give themselves their own penance as they see fit.
3) The Mass is now to be brought into the home and NOT a church or chapel.
4) When questioning him on how the best way to rear our children to help them decide a religious vocation (what I was getting at was where would they go for religious training) his answer was that "he trains priests" and as far as women go, women will be able to "do the Mass in their homes as it was meant to be." I was outraged and asked him to clarify and he was VERY vague about it, but gave the example that if the Mass was to be held in the home and the woman is a widow, then she should have the means to perform the Mass herself. He even suggested that St. Therese of the Little Flower was often quite distraught because she, too, wanted to be able to perform the Mass and could not.
5) My husband asked him repeatedly the name of his "organization" as he claims they ARE the TRUE Catholic Church Remnant, he just referred us "to the book" (This is my Beloved Son, hear Him)
6) He believes the Chair of St. Peter is empty by MORTAL man, but claims Christ, Himself is now Pope until Peter II takes the chair.
7) He believes that after John XXIII a "Pope Clement XV" took the chair and died in the 80's.
That's about it. We left, never to return. He said I was a "mixed up girl". ;)
Thanks for the information. We will share this with our readers. One of the master-strokes of the devil in these days has been to move shady and scandalous figures into the traditionalist clergy to attempt to disgrace the true Faith – so that people of weak Faith will get disenchanted and either run back to the Novus Ordo apostasy or give up altogether. One can think of many of similar heretics whom the devil is using.